Giyu Tomioka is a major supporting character of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. He is a Demon Slayer of the Demon Slayer Corps and the current Water Hashira.
Giyu is a pretty strong Hashira, so his sword has to be tough. He’s taken out Rui, the Lower Five Kizuki, and helped Tanjiro fight against Akaza, the Upper Three Kizuki. His sword broke during the fight with Akaza, but Giyu still managed to use it to help Tanjiro. He threw it at Akaza’s head, piercing it. This would be the final battle for Giyu’s blade as a whole, but it served him well.
Master Swordsman: Being a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Giyu is one of the most powerful and skilled swordsman in the entire organization. Upper Rank Three, Akaza, who has fought countless swordsman in the past, was impressed with Giyu's skill, stating that he possesses finely developed swordsmanship.
Water Breathing: A Breathing Style taught to him by the Water Hashira before him, Sakonji Urokodaki. As the Water Hashira, Giyu is his generation's most skilled Water Breathing user. Giyu has completely mastered this swordsmanship style, to the point that he created an entirely new technique within the Breathing Style and impressed Akaza who had fought Water Hashira in the past.
- First Form: Water Surface Slash - The user generates enough momentum to create a powerful single concentrated slash.
- Second Form: Water Wheel - The user leaps and vertically spins forward in the air while releasing a flowing attack in a circular motion.
- Third Form: Flowing Dance - The user swings and bends their blade in a winding motion along with their body and dances in a flowing pattern, slicing everything in its path.
- Fourth Form: Striking Tide - The user makes multiple consecutive slashes while twisting their body and sword in a flowing fashion to deliver multiple blows simultaneously.
- Fifth Form: Blessed Rain After the Drought - The user changes the grip on their sword and decapitates the opponent in a single flowing strike that causes little to no pain. It is a “sword strike of kindness” used when the enemy willingly surrenders.
- Sixth Form: Whirlpool - The user fiercely twists their upper and lower body, creating a whirlpool of air that cuts anything caught in it. Its effect and efficiently is enhanced underwater, where the user can draw water around their weapon to enhance their slashes.
- Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust - The user performs a fast and accurate stab, capable of reducing the impact of a moving target.
- Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin - The user cuts the target vertically in a flowing motion which is most effective when they are falling downward.
- Ninth Form: Splashing Water Flow - The user changes their footwork in a way that minimizes the landing time and surface needed when landing, allowing the user to move without limits. Ideal when fighting in a place with no solid foothold.
- Tenth Form: Constant Flux - The user performs a continuous flowing attack which seemingly takes the form of a water dragon that increases in strength and power with each rotation due to momentum.
- Eleventh Form: Dead Calm - A form of his own personal creation, the user ceases all body movements and enters a state of complete tranquility, deflecting, blocking and cutting any incoming attacks with imperceptible speed with his blade. However, its effectiveness is limited as fast and numerous attacks can break through.
Standard Nichirin Katana: As a Demon Slayer, Giyu carries around a standard sized and shaped Nichirin katana that is deep blue in color. His sword's tsuba is hexagonal shaped with a bronze core and with an overlapping fuschia border. As a Hashira, Giyu's blade has the words Destroy Demons engraved on the side. With his katana, Giyu has a standard sword sheath that is deep black in color.